Monday, October 1, 2012

Halloween Books

One of my kids favorite traditions is to read a Halloween book every day in the month of October.  We have a few books we've bought over the past couple years and the rest we got from the library this weekend.  We have a basket full of them and the kids take turns picking one out every night.  This year I also bought Roald Dahl's The Witches (for only $1 though a school book order!) and plan to read a chapter every night with the big kids. It will be my first (gasp!) Roald Dahl book.  I've heard only good things about his books so I'm as excited as the kids. :)



Here are some of our favorite Halloween Books:
  • Clifford's First Halloween, by Norman Birdwell
  • Clifford's Halloween, by Norman Birdwell
  • Spookley the Square Pumpkin, by Joe Troiano
  • Sixteen Runaway Pumpkins, by Dianne Ochiltree
  • The Little Old Lady Who Was Not Afraid of Anything, by Linda Williams
  • Where's My Mummy? by Carolyn Crimi
  • Come With Me on Halloween, by Linda Hoffman Kimball
  • The Halloween Queen, by Joan Holub
Do you have a favorite Halloween Book?  I'd love to get some more good ones for our home library. :)

-marie
 

3 comments:

  1. This is such a great tradition! We do something similar for Christmas, but maybe I should work on a Halloween book collection!

    Alexis

    swaney e

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's not necessarily a Halloween book, but we love The Spider and the Fly by by Mary Howitt and Tony DiTerlizzi. We do the same thing in October, and I'm always on the lookout for other people's suggestions, so thanks.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...