Monday, August 20, 2012

DIY Avengers Shirt


My daughter is obsessed with the Avengers!  She loves to watch all the superhero movies and even opted for an Avengers lunch tote and folder for school this year.  We've been looking for an Avengers shirt for a long time now, but they just don't seem to make them for girls.  And she's so petite that the boys ones are too big and boxy on her.  So we decided to make our own.  :)





I got the idea from I Am Momma - Hear Me Roar.  She made a super cute Avengers Tee for her son and made a fabulous video tutorial on how to stencil with freezer paper. She has a printable for the icons she used, but Cailyn wanted ALL the Avengers (at least the ones in the movie) and so we scoured the web and found some she liked.  You can download the images HERE if you want to print and cut with an exact knife or HERE to cut them on the cricut.














I didn't have any fabric paint, but I did have lots of craft paint.  So I bought some fabric paint medium and mixed it according to the directions.  (We've washed the shirt several times and it still looks perfect!)




Then I just followed the video tutorial to make the icons on the front and back of a basic gray tee we bought from Walmart.  Cailyn is so happy with her shirt!  I was surprised by how easy this project was.  I've never worked with freezer paper before but I'm already excited for what I else I can make with it! :)








-marie


2 comments:

  1. HOW cute! This would be great for adults too, in comic book colors!

    XOXO
    -Daisy Nguyen from PS BANANAS fashion blog:
    http://psbananas.com
    BLOGLOVIN
    FACEBOOK

    ReplyDelete
  2. You rocked it! She looks so cute in it. I like how you included the other heroes as well. Way to go and thank you for sharing this with me!

    Cheri

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...