Friday, June 15, 2012

Frugal Friday: DIY Magnetic Play Sets



My kids love to play with little magnetic play sets but they can be quite pricey.  I found this idea on Pinterest to make your own so I thought I'd give it a try.  I bought these  Avery Magnet Sheets from Amazon. I've never used the magnetic paper before but was very pleased with how easy it was to use.

First, I found a couple of places with images to use.  I found these Toy Story ones and these Angry Birds ones.  (I actually used Photoshop to put all the Toy Story images on one sheet and same with the Angry Birds.)  For the other sets I just used google to find some images I knew my kids would like and pasted them into a word document.  Then I printed each set and cut them out.  The magnetic paper is really thin so it was very easy to cut them out, just a little tedious. :) 

I've made 4 sets so far: Nick Jr characters, Toy Story 3, Angry Birds & Superheroes.  (I still haven't figured out what to do on my last sheet!) You can download the documents I used HERE



We took these on a long car ride and my kids loved playing with them.  Some dollar store cookies sheets worked perfectly with them.  It was only $8 for pack of 5 magnetic sheets, so that made each set just under $2. Can't beat that!

 




Linked to: Craft-O-Maniac, Sumo's Sweet Stuff, Keeping It Simple, Becolorful, C.R.A.F.T.  Sugar & Spice, Fine Craft Guild, Classy Clutter, Michelle Paige,

1 comment:

  1. I know you wrote this post a couple of years ago, but I wanted to say THANK YOU anyway!! I need to make some quick magnet sets for the kids before we leave for a 10 hr car drive and just don't have the time to dedicate to searching for characters, etc. This was a lifesaver for me!! Thank you for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...