Saturday, April 7, 2012

Guest Bedroom Makeover

Remember when I posted about the curtains my mom made for my guest room?  I kept meaning to post pics of the whole room but kinda got sidetracked.  So finally, here is our guest room makeover.

Here's what the room looked like before.  When we moved in there were stripes painted on the wall that I just hated.  Yeah, they had to go!  



We painted the room in Valspar Stormy Weather and accented the room with gray and yellow.






I still need to do something over the bed but haven't decided what just yet.




We found some pillow shams on clearance at Target and a small pillow at Bed Bath & Beyond. 



Spray painted beans and a print on an Ikea floating shelf.


This metal nightstand was silver but it blended in too much so I gave it a coat of black spray paint.  The lamp shade was an off-white color so I gave it a coat of yellow spray paint.  I swear spray paint will fix just about anything! :)


The bathroom:


I found a picture of yellow flowers online and printed and framed it.   I used some small size mason jars and filled them with cotton balls and q-tips. 





I'm so happy with how this room came out.  I absolutely LOVE the gray and yellow and kinda wish I had done it for my room where I would see it all the time.  Instead I'll just have to make sure we have lots of guests that can enjoy it.  :)





Linked to - Craft-O-Maniac, Sumo's Sweet Stuff, Keeping It Simple, Becolorful, C.R.A.F.T. 
Sugar & Spice, Fine Craft Guild, Classy Clutter, Sugar Bee Crafts, Michelle Paige, Oopsey Daisy, Lil Luna, I Heart Naptime,Teagan's Travels,

7 comments:

  1. Love, love, LOVE it Marie! I plan on posting my grey black and yellow bathroom next week :) I also have a vase of cotton balls with Q-TIPS but I think I like your display better. Seriously obsessing about this color combo right now and am gonna be doing this for my bedroom too when I get around to it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it Marie! I think some vinyl would look great above the bed! Maybe a cute saying about people entering as guests and leaving as friends ...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Its so cool and decent grey and lemon yellow are perfect combination... You want to do more on bed? In my opinion if any wall art over the bed can also be helpful... its just my opinion:)...
    Love your curtains...
    Hope you will enjoy a visit to see beauty of spring @
    http://craftaworld.blogspot.com/
    With love
    Farah

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow- looks great! Love your color scheme & will definitely be nosing around your site a little more! I found you via Craftomanic and am now following! I'd love for you to come check out the Vintage Milk House - Have a great week! Kali

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this and thanks for including your paint color which is perfect! I've been wanting to move from the blues and greens in our house to this color. Oh is it fabulous with yellow which I never would have considered! Thanks for sharing. I am popping in from Sumo's Sweet Stuff and hope you'll share on my linky party at Teagan's Travels. Here's the link for this week.

    http://teaganstravels.blogspot.com/2012/04/destination-inspiration-linky-party-10.html

    Have a great day! Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  6. Marie, my dear, you've inspired me, and you being featured at Drab to Fab! This week's party is live again, thanks so much for linking up your great posts to the party!

    http://www.amynjesse.com/2012/04/drab-to-fab-link-up-12-features.html

    Congrats! Have a lovely weekend! :)

    Amy @ Sugar and Spice

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the gorgeous colors that are both modern and cozy! Popping in to let you know I featured this post in my top three on Teagan's Travels this week! If you have time I'd love if you'd grab a "featured" button and link up other fun!

    Here's the link to the party going on now....
    http://teaganstravels.blogspot.com/2012/04/destination-inspiration-linky-party-11.html

    Cheers, Michelle

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...