Thursday, January 19, 2012

Healthy Crock Pot Chicken Taco Soup



This is a healthy low calorie meal that is super easy to make and I usually have all the ingredients on hand. I am always looking for healthy meals that I will actually eat when dieting with out losing good flavor.  It is the only soup that I can get my kids to eat. It only takes 5 min to put it all together!

Ingredients:
1 can of black beans (drained)
1 can corn
1 can rotel diced tomatoes and green chillies
1 can chicken breast (drained)
1/2 package of taco seasoning
add water to make the soup the right consistency
*sometimes i substitute the tomatoes and chillies with a can of italian stewed tomatoes- both work great in this dish


Place all the ingredients in the crockpot and mix.
Cook it on high for 3-4 hours or on low for 5-6 hours.



Serve with cheese, sour cream, and chips. * Leave off the chips for less calories.


Hope you enjoy!


-chelz




Linked to: 

1 comment:

  1. This recipe was DELICIOUS!! My 20-month old ate two bowlfuls and my 5 year old (bird-like eater) ate an entire bowl clean. I'll definitely be making this again!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...