Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Personalized Scripture Covers


When I came across this idea on Brown Paper Packages I knew I had to make some for Cailyn.  She just got baptized last weekend and I wanted to get her own set of scriptures but wasn't ready to spend a lot on them just yet.  So I figured if I got the cheap ones and cutsied them up it would be perfect!  There is a great tutorial HERE if you are doing the Book of Mormon.  But since the Triple Combo & Bible are thicker, one piece of scrapbook paper wouldn't work so I had to modify it.

Supplies:
  • Triple Combination & Holy Bible
  • patterned paper
  • cardstock
  • ribbon & embellishments for the front
  • ribbon for a "bookmark"
  • tape/glue


You'll need to cut the patterned paper into (4) 5x7 pieces and the cardstock into (1) 5x7 piece and (1) 4x7 piece. 



Glue or tape the back of the patterned paper and place it onto the front and back of the book.



There will be a little of the book showing on the left but it's okay cuz it'll be covered by the cardstock.  :)



Next, take the cardstock and place about 1 1/2 inches on the front and crease it a little where the binding is.



Then take it off and give it a really good crease on the table.  Put it back on the binding and crease the other side.



If you want a bookmark in the book, glue a piece of ribbon onto the binding before gluing it onto the book.  (Cut the ribbon longer than you think you'll need.  I cut mine too short and had to rip off the binding!)



Glue the binding on.



Add some decorative ribbon and other embellishments to the front.



I just printed up the titles on my computer in brown ink to match.  (Just for reference the size was 24pt)



I matted the titles in the same brown cardstock as the binding and glued them on.



 

And there you have it.  A cute little set of personalized scriptures!  You can do these in any color or style and can make them girly, boyish, or neutral.  I think I may have to make one for my 4 year old boy.  :)







Linked to:
DIY under $5lil luna link party button

2 comments:

  1. cute, quick and easy! what a great project!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A great gift idea! It would be fun to put the ribbon in the Nativity story to open on Christmas! I will be featuring tomorrow on A Little Tipsy!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...