Tuesday, December 13, 2011

DIY Disney Ornaments

A few years ago I got the idea that it would be pretty sweet to have an all-Disney Christmas tree.  But when I started shopping for ornaments I realized that 1) they were really expensive and it would add up quickly if I wanted to do the whole tree in them, and 2) most of them are fragile and with lots of little kids running around I figured they wouldn't last long in our house.

So while shopping at the Disney store I found these cute little figurine sets.  They were on sale for about $10 and they had tons of different sets.  Each set has about 7-10 figures.  So I picked up a bunch and made my own ornaments out of them!

All I did was get some ribbon and some ornament hooks and hot glue it onto the back of the figures.  (I've found that the ribbon has held up better!)



Each year we've gotten a couple new sets of figures to add to our tree, although I think our tree is nice and full now!  These were so inexpensive to make and I don't have to worry about the kids breaking them.  I absolutely LOVE having a Disney tree!




And of course no Disney tree would be complete without Tinkerbell up on top.  :)






Linked to:











9 comments:

  1. Love your Disney array of gorgeous ornaments...what a whimsical tree it would be! I have joined your followers list and would love to have you join me as well. Season's Greetings. Hugs, Gayle
    http://atastefultouch.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do almost the same thing with the sets but I found that if you get the smallest eye screws possible, you can screw them in to the plastic toys and make them easier to hang... also, I buy the small plush and use green floral wire to wire them into my tree, so it is all Disney toys and plush.... the McDonald's toys work great too. Btw, found this on pinterest

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a brilliant idea to use eye screws! Probably makes them look more professional and last longer. I just bought a couple new figurine sets to add to the tree and I am definitely trying this. Thanks for the idea! I bet your tree looks adorable!
      -marie

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute! Now I wish I would have saved all of those Disney McDonald's toys! I will have to look at yard sales this spring for some cheap toys!

    ReplyDelete
  5. lol i actually used some other smaller toys too... i didnt knw anyone else did this! this was so cute... thinking about stocking up for next yr

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG... i love the tinkerbell on top, where did you get it? i like that the wings light up :-) i will try to find one for one of my smaller trees

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i got her at the disney store a couple years ago. i searched forever for a cute disney topper and was so excited to find her! i don't think they make it any more. :(

      Delete
  7. Good morning! I'm stopping by to let you know that I featured your ornaments on my blog today! http://www.chattingoverchocolate.com/2013/12/diy-disney-christmas-ornaments.html ... Love them! Thanks so much for sharing your creative idea!! You're welcome to grab a featured button from my button tab {located near the top of my blog}, if you'd like. :) Merry Christmas to you and yours!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...